25th ANNUAL KEEPERS' WEEKEND
-- OCTOBER 4 & 5, 2019 -- Currituck Beach Lighthouse, Historic Corolla, Whalehead, and Wild Horse Tours
25th ANNUAL KEEPERS’ WEEKEND in Corolla, NC
October 4-5, 2019
Friday, October 4 (starts at 1:00 p.m.)
- Guided Tour of the Corolla Wild Horse Sanctuary
- Optional: Corolla Wild Horse Jeep Tour (details on registration form)
- Optional activities on your own: walk the Currituck National Estuarine Reserve access trails or enjoy a free wine tasting at the Cotton Gin store at Tim Buck II
- Dinner on your own; time to reacquaint with old friends
Saturday, October 5 (starts at 9:00 a.m.)
- Presentation on Historic Corolla, tour the Double Keepers’ Quarters, and climb the Currituck Beach Lighthouse with our host Meghan Agresto, Site Manager and Keeper at the Currituck Beach Lighthouse
- Presentation at the Outer Banks Center for Wildlife
- Tour the historic Whalehead mansion
- Bag lunch-picnic style on lighthouse grounds (make your lunch choice on the registration form)
Our evening Banquet and Program at Hampton Inn-Corolla with our Annual Raffle, Silent Auction, and more!
The cost of Saturday ONLY is $105.00 per person.
The optional Corolla Wild Horse Jeep Tour on Friday is $50.00 per person.
The cost of Friday and Saturday is $120.00 per person.
Note: Registration fee includes a donation to organizations which are hosting us gratis.
DO YOU LOVE LIGHTHOUSES?
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR SOCIETY!! -- https://www.outerbankslighthousesociety.org/join.html
In 2016 Hurricane Matthew kept us from meeting; in 2018, Hurricane Florence was the spoiler. But we lighthouse lovers are strong and intrepid adventurers, and we never give up! This year, we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the founding of our beloved society as we gather at Currituck Beach Lighthouse in Corolla.
Join us on the afternoon of Friday, October 4th for a guided tour of the Corolla Wild Horse Sanctuary, or take an optional wild horse jeep tour “up the beach.” Other optional afternoon activities include walking the Currituck National Estuarine Reserve Access Trails, time on the beach, shopping, and a free tasting of wines from a local vineyard.
On Saturday, enjoy touring the Currituck Beach Lighthouse and the Double Keepers Quarters, and hear presentations on the lighthouse and historic Corolla village. There will also be an opportunity to tour historic Whalehead mansion, a beautifully restored 1920s-era art nouveau style mansion just adjacent to the lighthouse.
Saturday evening we will have our famous banquet, raffle, and both silent and live auctions to benefit the Society. Come one, come all as we mark a quarter century of preserving and celebrating North Carolina’s beautiful coastal beacons!